this picture looks like Amy, Whitney and Bryton are stranded in some blizzard; cold and mniserable. It it weren't for the warm clothes, they could be pioneers! If you look carefully, you can tell they actually do have on skiis. So much powder! such brave souls!
Last weekend we had such fun with Amy, Bryton, Whitney, and Austin. They came with the specific intent of skiing at Tamarack. We woke up on Saturday morning to a blizzard. It was coming down SO hard! Austin looked outside and said, "looks like a good day to go skiing." I didn't have the heart to tell him it was a terrible day to go skiing! Even though the weather wasn't great, they were not to be deterred. So we loaded everybody up and headed to the ski hill. When we got there it was snowing even harder, if that was possible! We rented their skiis, bought them goggles and face masks, and off we went to the magic carpet. There was about 4" of powder; making it very hard to slide down the hill. So Grandpa put on his skiis and made a track for the kids. Because it was so slow going, they learned great control! After a few runs, Bryton and Whitney graduated to the Discovery Chair Lift. Grandpa took them up, and they were hooked. I decided if they could love skiing in those kinds of conditions, they really were going to skiiers! Austin did great coming down, the stopping is still a problem, however. Grandpa says that as soon as he learns to stop, he too can go on the chair lift. I didn't take very many pictures due to the incliment weather, and the fact that my battery died, but what I did take tells the whole story, weather wise.
They are awesome kids. They will still tell you they had a great time. I didn't hear one of them complain about the miserable weather. such troopers! They are bound to be ski bums!


2 comments:
I cannot believe you skied in that weather! Those kids are brave.
that was so much fun! i loved it! i hope you had just as much fun as i had! and i didn't even notice that it was snowing that bad! i was just having too much fun!
Post a Comment