Since Wendy and Mel have both "tagged" me, I guess I should respond. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do, but Mel informed me that I should share 6 things about myself that you may or may not know. I think you all know all about me, so there probably won't be any secrets!
1. For me, meeting your father has been the greatest blessing in my life. He has been my support, my lifeline, and my best friend for most of my life! He always insists I can do whatever I truly want to do...what a great support! I love spending time with him whatever we do! I am glad he loves me and I look forward to living eternally with him.
2. I love babies! I have always loved babies and I believe I always will. They are such a miracle and they inspire me so much. It is amazing to me how perfect they are and yet so tiny. They know how to sneeze, cough, cry, eat; all the critical things it takes to live. I just love babies!
3. I would love to travel world-wide. To see and experience all there is to see! Of course, I don't want to go anywhere dangerous, but I wish it was all safe so I could see it all! I loved visiting China and Japan. What an amazing adventure to see those countries. I loved visiting South America as well, expecially with my two spanish speaking missionary sons! And being in New England with Mel was so fun! Melanie and I have been travel companions more than once...we need to do that again! I do love to travel!
4. As you all know, I love building projects. It is so fun for me to design on paper, and then watch it come into reality. I have especially loved this current project because it is such a fun one! I can't wait to have all of my children and grandchildren there to play!
5. One of my favorite things is when my grandchildren come running into the house shouting "Grandma"! Then it is usally followed by a great big hug. Now they are getting old enough that they have things to share with me...they tell me about what they have been doing or bring me pictures they have made for me. Sometimes we even email each other or IM. Being a grandma is a great blessing! I have the cutest grandchildren in the world!
6. Since I am now retired, I have developed many hobbies to occupy my time. I have always loved quilting and still do. I have always enjoyed cooking and now I have time to experiment with different recipes and find ways to make food look and taste the best it can! I really do love scrapbooking, along with taking pictures, printing them, and making books for my children and grandchildren to enjoy. I also enjoy playing the piano. And now that I have more time for such things, I love practicing and getting better at it! Ty told me he thought I would love to be able to play every song there was, without having to practice. I think he might be right! I guess you could also call my building project a hobby. I have learned so much about the building process and I do enjoy working with contractors and with our current project manager. I love riding behind Larry on a snowmobile! It is like being on a thrill ride at Disney World! Is that a hobby?
My favorite hobby, however, is my grandchildren. Just being with them makes me smile!
Emily and Brenna...you're it!
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Such great ones! I loved them all! I think we should go on another traveling adventure... where to next? Thanks for sharing those things! Love you Kid!
Thanks for the list. That was fun to read!
I enjoyed that too. You're children and grandchildren are a lucky bunch. :)
Post a Comment